Help! - My case is:
- Too heavy
- Worn Out
I do own, and use gig bags, but in general I have to recommend a lightweight case with a composite or wooden shell - (Read here: Protection similar to a hard case, but lightness/portability closer to a gig bag.
If you want a case that is more lightweight, but still provides great protection for the horn, for a medium or large tenor with or without a valve, I really like the:
- Protec Contoured Tenor Trombone Bag
- WolfPak - Trombone Case with Pop-out Golf Bag style legs
- An Eastman tenor trombone case.
- In general I recommend the ProTec Contoured Bass Trombone Case
- An Eastman Bass Trombone Case
This one is easy - if you want the best gig bag ever, and the only guy I trust my horns to, look no further than master craftsman, Mr. Glenn Cronkhite, the inventor of the Reunion Blues gig bag.